Friends of K-Cellars may have noticed we have held a tasting of wines from the Southern France region.
Actually, this region ( with Languedoc being the most famous ) is getting much attention nowadays. Some facts to share as below.
- This region has a wine making history over 28 centuries
- There are 61 appellations altogether in this region
- For the IGP quality of wines, it has 23 sub-regions
- It has been reported that in every second, 61 bottles of wines from this region are sold worldwide
- The region is regarded as one of the biggest organic wine producing areas, having one-third of such production
Thus, why not try a few bottles of their wines and find out the taste for yourself and friends.