We now proceed to the southern part of Burgundy.
- This region is believed to produce good value wines from Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
- It also cultivates quite a lot of the Aligote grape, which bears floral and citrus tastes
- Famous villages include Chagny, Montagny, Mercurey, and Givry
- The sparkling “Cremant de Bourgogne” from Rully in this region is also very popular
- The most southern wine region in Burgundy
- Also known to offer great value Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines
- Pouilly Fuisse is the best known wine from this region, said to be the mostly consumed white wine from Burgundy
- The taste reminds people of soft apple, pineapple, and white peach
In the next issue, let us explore some key essence wine features on Burgundy as a summary.